This recipe has been adopted from Jaqueline Bellefontaine an extremely visually appealing chocolate book for chocolate lovers.
Butter 1/2 cup
Light brown sugar 1/2 cup
Super fine sugar 1/4 cup
Baking powder 1 tsp
Vanilla essence 1/2 tsp
Flour 1 1/2 cup
Semi sweet chocolate chips 3/4 cup
- Beat butter and sugars with hand whisker or electric beater.
- Add in egg and vanilla, continue beating.
- Sift in flour and baking powder. Mix until a soft dough is formed.
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Make small balls. If mixture is very soft, simply drop in tea spoon full on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or greased baking tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at gas mark 5 for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.